The Association is led by a broad-based general management committee with directors responsible for each region of the globe. There is an Executive Committee dealing with the main day-to-day functions and liaison directors who handle links with hotels, airlines, railway operators and other associations.
Although based in London it also has directors in other parts of the world such as North America and India. The Association has the personnel and expertise to help the tourism industry broaden its horizons. It works with national tourism offices, resorts, cities and travel industry companies to achieve this aim.
The Executive Committee handles the central functions of government and media relations, event management, education and training, membership, finance and general administration.
The AITT exists to represent and promote international destinations through:
- Government and media relations
- Web-based news and information services
- Regular newsletter for industry professionals worldwide
- Partnerships with international tourism associations
- Professional development in association with colleges and commercial training providers
- Establishing new liaisons between destinations and service providers across all continents
- Facilitating industry networking events
- Arranging educational visits to member countries and destinations
For details of how to get in touch with the relevant director, please go to the Contact page